Volunteer with Mind in Bexley
Volunteers are valued members of the Mind in Bexley team. They make a real difference to how we are able to support people living in Bexley struggling with poor mental health.
There are all sorts of reasons why people volunteer with us. For example:
- To use existing skills, experience or interest to support other people
- To prepare for paid employment in the future – maybe growing confidence, brushing up or learning new skills
- To find a new personal challenge or routine – maybe after children have grown up or in retirement
- To feel more connected and part of a team or local community
- Simply to ‘give something back’ and make a difference to someone else
What kind of things do volunteers ‘do’ at Mind in Bexley?
Volunteers get involved in all sorts of different ways with our activities. It may be offering direct support with mental health concerns, or an activity that supports someone to rebuild their routine or confidence. Some of our work tackles stigma around mental health or provides support around current challenges such as digital exclusion or food poverty that are directly linked to and/or cause poor mental health.
Volunteer vacancies do change all the time. Over the next few months, we will also be developing some brand-new volunteer roles, including fundraising, ‘one off’ and community based activities. So do come back and look again if nothing is the perfect fit right now!
What do we offer volunteers?
- The chance to make a difference!
- Support at every stage of the recruitment process to help you get involved
- A fair and inclusive environment where people feel welcome and valued
- Training and induction to help you feel confident about your volunteering
- The opportunity to be part of the wider volunteer team
- Regular ongoing support and supervision
We are currently looking for Digital Champions on Tuesdays (mornings or afternoons) to support our Digital Hub clients with improving their digital skills. Please see the role description for further details:
Digital Champion Role Description – Nov 23 Tuesdays
If you are interested in applying for this role, please complete this application form or contact Holly: firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.