Volunteer with Mind in Bexley
- Would you like to use your professional skills, hobbies, interests or life skills to assist other people?
- Maybe you are looking to return to paid work and would like to ‘brush up’ on your skills?
- Are you retired or your children have grown and you would now like a new challenge?
- Do you want a way to engage with your local community?
Make a difference. As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to work with a supportive team in a role which can help to make a difference. We provide training and ongoing support to all our volunteers.
- You can make a real difference to someone’s life
- You’ll be giving something to your community
- You get to be part of an established volunteer team
- Volunteers tell us they find volunteering for us really rewarding
To Volunteer for Mind in Bexley please complete our online form:
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form
- Attend an informal interview to discuss how you would like to volunteer at Mind in Bexley. If suitable and you are still interested a DBS will be completed and references requested
- Once DBS clearance and references have been received you will be invited to meet your assigned supervisor for the volunteer role
- You will complete a short induction and training relevant for the Volunteer post, once completed you can begin your volunteering
- You will be given regular support by your supervisor and have the opportunity to get support from other volunteers during our volunteer meetings. You also have the opportunity to take part in training opportunities available here at Mind in Bexley
What can you do as a volunteer?
- There are several ways in which you can help us by volunteering:
- Help to improve service users’ self-esteem and confidence through our Mentoring programme
- Supporting staff as co facilitators for our courses
- Support a variety of activity groups
- Support our Open Spaces Project we have an allotment and garden
- Support our Revival Café
- Assisting with administrative tasks
A lot of the volunteer roles at Mind in Bexley are varied depending on your skills and what you can bring to the organisation, so if you have any particular skills or areas of interest please let us know.
How can we support you as a volunteer?
- You will receive training and go through an induction before you begin your role as a volunteer
- You are allocated a supervision to ensure you receive regular support
- You will have access to further training
- You will be invited to attend quarterly volunteer meetings to share your experiences with fellow volunteers
- Attend yearly celebrations
- People chose to volunteer for a number of different reasons, from wanting to build their confidence, gain experience to helping others. Volunteering can help you to:
- Gain new skills, knowledge and experience which can help to enhance your CV and improve your employment prospects
- Make friends and meet new people
- Make a difference to your community
- Build your confidence and self-esteem
- Support others