Things to do while at home
With modern technology you can now explore museums, watch films with friends online, learn how to cook and much more from the comfort of your living room! Here’s a list of things we think will keep the most active of us entertained – we will keep updating this page with new and exciting ideas as they are released, enjoy!
- Set up a cinema – Make an occasion of a Friday or Saturday night by transforming your living room into a cinema. Make your favourite snacks, turn off all the lights, and lose yourself in a film.
- Draw something – You don’t have to be good at drawing just put pen to paper and see what you come up with!
- Why not get into reading – Spend some time to focus on a good book
- Make a post-lockdown list – Make a list of all the things you’re going to do when life gets back to normal – whether that’s buying a takeaway coffee, having a BBQ with all your friends, or going to the cinema
Connect with others
- Quarantine Chat – Free, worldwide App connecting isolated people – chat on the phone with others who are isolated at home
- Netflix Party – Watch films with friends from a different household includes group chat while watching the movie.
- Big Screen – VR [Virtual Reality] Entertainment – Virtual theatre to watch movies alongside other movie fans (represented by avatars) watching the same film in real time
- Volunteer for Mind in Bexley
- Phone a friend – Phone an elderly neighbour who might be feeling lonely, a relative who you haven’t spoken to in a while, or even just a friend who you ordinarily would only see in the pub.
- Easy ways to stay connected – Lots of ‘how to’ guides of how to use facetime, skpe, skype, zoom exc.
Look after you
- Exercising at home – Various physical activities you can do from home
- Begin Meditation – Practice Mindfulness and meditation to take a moment for yourself and manage your anxiety.
- Every Mind Matters – Tips on how to work well from home
- Try a yoga class – Register for one of our Yoga workshops
- Clean out your wardrobe – Try on all your clothes, and bag up any that you don’t want, or that don’t fit.
Games and Puzzles
Geography and History
Whilst we are working remotely we may realise we have some free time – we have compiled some e-learning resources for you to use whilst at home, this could be a great opportunity for us all to learn something new.
The websites or resources above are not associated with Mind in Bexley.
This page will be regularly updated please do check back for further updates.