Plan for staying at home or indoors
It is imported to keep your mind active right now but to also do things that you enjoy even if you can’t do them in the conventional way. With modern technology you can now explore museums, watch films with friends online, learn how to cook and much more from the comfort of your living room! Here’s a list of stuff we think will keep the most active of us entertained – we will keep updating this page with new and exciting ideas as they are released, enjoy!
- Big Screen – VR [Virtual Reality] Entertainment – Virtual theatre to watch movies alongside other movie fans (represented by avatars) watching the same film in real time
- Beat Saber – VR Rhythm game that really does help you drop calories
- Netflix Party – Allow you to synchronise your video playback with friends wherever they are, including group chat while watching the movie
- Chatter Pack – Lots of links to free museum and gallery tours
- 100 things to do when bored
- Start a journal or blog
- Practice an instrument
- Teach yourself a foreign language
- Meditate please see our Self-Help page
- Practice Yoga
Whilst we are working remotely we may realise we have some free time – we have compiled some e-learning resources for you to use whilst at home, this could be a great opportunity for us all to learn something new.
- Open Learn – Free online courses in various subject matter
- Duolingo – Learn a language for free. Forever.
- Vision2Learn – 13 accredited courses – get qualified for free
- Free courses in England – Free accredited courses
- Future Learn – 407 courses are free for up to 5 weeks. To get unlimited access and the certificate it will cost £32 per course.
- Helping you to support your children at home
- NASA – Play games, listen to podcasts
- Explore a new aspect of Art each day
- 12 famous museums offering virtual tours
- Top 7 free websites to keep a diary online
- Live webcams at Edinburgh zoo
This page will be regularly updated please do check back for further updates.