Mindfulness is a technique you can learn which involves making a special effort to notice what’s happening in the present moment (in your mind, body and surroundings) – without judging anything. It has roots in Buddhism and meditation, but you don’t have to be spiritual, or have any particular beliefs, to try it.
It aims to help you:
- become more self-aware
- feel calmer and less stressed
- feel more able to choose how to respond to your thoughts and feelings
- cope with difficult or unhelpful thoughts
- be kinder towards yourself.
Breathing exercises disclaimer: anyone experiencing breathing difficulties should not take part in breathing exercises unless you have consulted with a medical professional and they have advised that it is safe for you to do so.
- Mind Space have created five minute, ten minute, fifteen minute and fifteen minute guided meditation videos.
- Headspace for hundreds of guided meditations
- Calming sleep stories for anybody struggling to sleep right now
- Yoga videos for those looking to start yoga practice at home
- Headspace guide to Mediation – on Netflix
- Bedtime Meditation Videohelp you leave the stresses and strains of the day behind and prepare for restful sleep.
- Youtube for hundreds of meditation videos to help you relax