Drug and Alcohol Link Worker
Closing date: 27th June
Interview date 5th and 11th July
A fantastic opportunity for a Drug and Alcohol Link worker to support Bexley residents to reduce risk of harm to self and others through problematic substance use and engaging with local drug and Alcohol services to achieve recovery outcomes.
You will offer a consultative role, offer support to those who are struggling with substance use and wellbeing, offer advice in relation to recovery services through one to one appointments or joint appointments with the recovery coach.
Your duties will include but not limited to;
- Provide recovery-orientated individual support to a caseload of clients, in accordance with their support plan.
- Respond to any developing support needs in a timely manner.
- Support will be provided flexibly in response to the needs of individuals, and is expected to include both practical and emotional support.
- Support clients to represent their views and interests to other professionals and refer/ signpost to services where appropriate.
- Provide mentoring and encouragement to clients to help them make progress with their care plan and avoid relapse
- Identify substance misuse presentations and deliver suitable interventions including but not limited to harm reduction, brief alcohol advice and referrals into The Pier Road Project
- Provide support, advice and guidance to the team within The Pier Road Project in relation to accessing mental health and wellbeing services in Bexley
- Promote understanding of the principles of recovery capital model
- Use an outreach approach to assist service users to attend key appointments
- Experience of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working
- Enable individuals to develop life skills and promote independence in individuals
- Develop excellent relationships with health professionals within the substance misuse team and wider health teams.
Previous experience of providing support to individuals with mental health needs and experience of partnership working with statutory and non-statutory agencies is essential.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com