Diversity and Inclusion Link Worker
Closing date 27th June 2022.
Interview date 5th and 11th July.
A fantastic opportunity for a Diversity and Inclusion link worker to engage and support under-represented communities within the Bexley Borough.
You will be working with clients experiencing barriers to accessing services to improve mental health and wellbeing and provide tailored support to improve accessibility, experience and equity.
You will assist in carrying out a comprehensive and holistic assessment and co-developing a plan to promote the person’s ability to engage with appropriate services.
Your duties will include but not limited to;
- Provide recovery-orientated individual support to a caseload of clients, in accordance with their support plan.
- Respond to any developing support needs in a timely manner.
- Support will be provided flexibly in response to the needs of individuals, and is expected to include both practical and emotional support.
- Support clients to represent their views and interests to other professionals and refer/ signpost to services where appropriate.
- Provide mentoring and encouragement to clients to help them make progress with their care plan and avoid relapse
- Identify substance misuse presentations and deliver suitable interventions including but not limited to harm reduction, brief alcohol advice and referrals into The Pier Road Project
- Provide support, advice and guidance to the team within The Pier Road Project in relation to accessing mental health and wellbeing services in Bexley
- Promote understanding of the principles of recovery capital model
- Use an outreach approach to assist service users to attend key appointments
- Experience of multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working
- Enable individuals to develop life skills and promote independence in individuals
- Develop excellent relationships with health professionals within the substance misuse team and wider health teams.
Experience of providing support to individuals with mental health needs and experience of partnership working is essential.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com