Our Digital Accelerator: Life Stories Research revealed an urgent need for targeted training on mental health. The Digital Accelerator Project offered one free place for every Bexley GP practice on the 2-day accredited Mental Health First Aid training program. We also invited all MIB social prescribers to attend.
This extensive two-day course covered:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or Mind services.